(keitai-l) Re: e shaberi mail?

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 02/14/07
On 14 Feb 2007, at 14:47, Gerhard Fasol wrote:

> With all respect, Eric, to the members of this list -

Oh dear - you are preparing to insult us, aren't you...

> their
> opinon is only very marginally relevant, because what counts
> is are the actual actions of Japanese consumers.

Well - yes - and the request was for our opinions of the actual
actions of Japanese consumers.

> One of the most common mistakes foreign companies which fail
> in Japan make is to base management decisions on the perceptions
> and prejudices of foreigners, instead of doing actual Japanese
> market research (which is a lot more effort than making guesses)

You wouldn't happen to know of a firm that does that in Japan, would
you Gehard....?

> If this is a hobby question, then its ok, but if you need the answer
> to your question for serious business development, then I suggest
> not to rely on the opinions of foreigners.

I don't recollect him suggesting he was going to "rely" on the
opinions given....

 > Raphaël wrote
> He was basically recusing himself:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recusal

Oh no he wasn't!

He was basically excluding everyone APART from himself and his company.

Nick