(keitai-l) Re: DoCoMo XHTML/i-XHTML Support

From: David Harper <dharper_at_wirelessink.com>
Date: 08/13/07

The posting system seems to have dropped the formatting of the original
emailand added numbers to the end of the various URLs rendering them
non-working - the links added to the bottom of the post however work
correctly. Please see ---Links ---
Dave

David Harper wrote: Hi Keitai-l Members. Help! The team here at Winksite
havebeen trying to deliver standards compliant XHTML mobile site templates
toDoCoMo devices. After reviewing various DoCoMo documents, it appears
DoCoMosupports XHTML flavored as i-XHTML but does not support external style
sheets or on page styling defined within the <style
type="text/css">...</style> element. RatherDoCoMo support styling in
individual elements, ie. <tag style="...."> As such we tested a page with
styling on individual elements on a DoCoMo SO902i (Sony) on the DoCoMo
network but the styling on individual elements didn't work as expected. We
found a document on DoCoMo's servers that states <I believe> that the SO902i
is i-XHTML 2.0 compatible, but I could be readingit incorrectly. That
document is located at:
http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/binary/pdf/service/imode/make/content/spec
[1]/imode_spec.pdf[1], under the area called FOMA 902i. Please see the page
we tested the DoCoMo SO902i here:
http://winksite.com/xhtml/si_index.htm[2[2]] Notes: * To view source from
thedesktop you will need to switch your browsers User Agent to deliver
DoCoMoi-Mode): * The pages that follow the links from this page do not
contain the styles on the individual elements (what we were testing) but are
instead coded with the styles contained within the <style
type="text/css">...</style> element. * We are passing the following Doctype
to DoCoMo keitais: * <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//i-mode group (ja)//DTD XHTML
i-XHTML(Locale/Ver.=ja/2.0) 1.0//EN" "i-xhtml_4ja_10.dtd"> I'm banging my
head against the wall trying to sort out the missing piece or where we have
taken a left turn. Can anyone take a look at
http://winksite.com/xhtml/si_index.htm[3[3]] from a DoCoMo keitai and
provideinsight? (Note: Clicking on any of the links from the above page
should take you to pages where the CSS is contained within the alternative
dharper@wirelessink.com[4[4]] would also be helpful. Have a nice weekend
everyone. Cheers, David Harper Founder, Winksite Co-founder, Mobile Monday
NY--- Links --- 1
http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/binary/pdf/service/imode/make/content/spec
/imode_spec.pdf[5] 2 http://winksite.com/xhtml/si_index.htm[6] 3
http://winksite.com/xhtml/si_index.htm[7] 4