(keitai-l) Re: deliver of Olympics related information

From: Olly Wright <olly.wright_at_mediacatalyst.com>
Date: 11/22/07
Mobile web, with a low threshold in terms of browsers. In this
situation people will be wanting information fast (the CN network
isn't great), and from a wide variety of handsets.
The BBC News-low graphics version might make a good place to start,
it works well on many of handsets, forgoeing 'prettiness' for low
page weight and simple code:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/text_only.stm

You might even consider a text-message alert delivery for subscribing
to certain things: eg a specific event or athlete, or 'medal
winners', etc. I understand bulk-text messages in China are very cheap.

It depends what your business model is, who is paying you, or if you
are trying to make money directly from this service.

Olly Wright