(keitai-l) Re: difficulties of becoming an official i-mode site

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 05/09/01
> [...]
> sounds like a mouthful but if docomo were to begin allowing its official
> providers to create linkages and portal sites and if it were to create a
> specific category on its official menu for these portal sites and search
> engines, other firms could do the screening for docomo.
Mhm, actually the screening is not soooo easy to outsource. Until
now DoCoMo's screening attracted 23,000,000 users so this can not
be so bad. So possible you outsource this and somebody follows a new
style and it doesn't work anymore...

I just remember that there was/is one woman working for Yahoo
and she is/was alone responsible for the design of their category tree.
Without her feeling and judgement for the right categories Yahoo would
never attract 150,000,000 (or so) visitors per month (that they don't
make any money is not her fault).

Even Jerry Yang said (about 2 years ago) that if she leaves, Yahoo will not
be the same anymore.

Sometimes it's just one person or a core team which is responsible
for something successful and this person/team is not so easy to
exchange.

Jeff, I really appreciate your opinion and interesting posts, but it's
way too much theoretical blueprinting for my taste and experience ;)

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht  [ Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc. ]  http://nooper.com
New: i-mode/iAppli testing service NooperLabs: http://nooper.co.jp/labs/