(keitai-l) Re: Telemetrics - Telematics

From: Jay <wirelessjava_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 09/02/01
Hey Dude
If you did not know that some of the Japanese car manufactures that I may be working for are trying to integrate this with the I-mode network.   So this is relevant.    I really think it does merrit a voice on this mailing list.   So why would the Japanese automakers want to use another technology besides the I-mode network ?
I know that GM is going to do some telemetrics with Qualcomm ARM7TDMI Chipset with either CDMA2000 or WCDMA for american cars.   I wonder what the Japanese Car Manufactures plan to do comparatively.   I am a BREW developer and I have heard that GM is touting BREW as their golden child for Telemetrics.   I can already imagine applications like a GPS and Telephony based application signaling you that there is a problem with your car and scheduling a matience resevation to fix your car.
Note the ketai list,  I did not intend to be arrogant about this topic my intention was to get a rise out of you guys to start some stimulating converstation about this topic.   I guess I was successful.    And yes,  I have respect of this list.   I was just wondering is anyone was working on application that deal with telemetrics

---Jay
Silicon Valley cool guy :-) HA

  Carl Schon <carlschon@excite.com> wrote: Telemetrics - Telematics,
all the same Tele-Mele; non keitai related stuff.
************************
Carl Schon
lurker.

Are you talking about telemetrics. The industry involving
automatic measurement and transmission of data from remote sources.
Do you want to know how to implement such a solution with keitai
to transmit equipment feedback and camera control. Unfortunately
I cannot tell you how. I are at a loss.

---chris

http://www.telemetricsinc.com/
http://www.telemetrics.co.uk/
http://www.advancedtelemetrics.net/

Jay wrote:

> Hello I am doing some consulting in the Telemetrics industry for wireless.
Is anyone doing the same. If you do not know what telemetrics thenyou are
obviously at a loss. Please give your input if you are doingtelemetrics.
I am doing some work with some clients that I cannotname but I wouldlike
your input

> ----Jay
> Silicon Valley Wireless Consultant/Java Architect/Brew Developer/ AndAll
around cool guy