(keitai-l) Re: Related - Mobile computing on a new level

From: Philip Sidel <psidel_at_iuj.ac.jp>
Date: 02/20/04
Darren if you are correct, can you help me understand why the Infobar, an
admittedly inferior phone from a technological standpoint has been KDDI's
best seller in the past few months?

If you check out February's Ketai Best Magazine (in Japanese unfortunately)
you'll see that the Infobar was au's top-selling phone even though it was
also the phone that mobile phone sales clerks recommended the least to
their customers due to the inferior camera and on-board technologies.

If I were to follow your logic here, the InfoBar should be a huge
failure.  Can you help me understand this discrepancy?

--Philip