(keitai-l) Re: Related - Mobile computing on a new level

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 02/20/04
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Darren Luckett wrote:

[Please, PLEASE take some time to trim text and format your replies
decently. They're almost unreadable. I'm not sure if I've found all your
text in your reply, but I reply to what I see.]

> >> the foma service - with its real 3g videophone service - is the most
> popular real 3g videophone service here in japan. 2 million plus with
> subscription rats almost doubling each month.

Sure. Because it's the *only* "real 3g videophone service." However,
there are two other 3G services in Japan that don't offer that
videophone service, both of which are far, far more popular. This tells
me that videophone is not a big 3g application.

And that doesn't even count all the people sticking with PDC because of
the better handsets. If videophone were so great, wouldn't people be
willing to live with a slightly larger handset to get it? Because, in
the year before the 900 series came out, the FOMA handsets were not all
that bad, though definitely not as nice as the PDC handsets.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org