(keitai-l) Best ways to demo mobile content?

From: Nader <mobile_at_omegamedia.com>
Date: 04/14/05
What's the best way to demo mobile content?

I'm very curious what people use to show mobile content when
presenting to clients, conferences, etc.

I've used elmos before but they can be a bit bulky and difficult
to transport.

I've also used this 'hood' before but apparently it isn't manufactured
anymore and only has vga out:
http://www.omegamedia.com/test/mobile_hood_photos/

I was hoping to make something similar to the mobile hood via some
sort of high speed camera and present mobile content via a laptop.

The 'hood' tended to work well as it strapped on to the phone via a
large velcro strap. When presenting, it would cover the entire screen
but leave the keypad exposed. You could punch keys and move the phone
while keeping the camera at a fixed point of view so the image shown on
the screen would remain steady.

Thanks,
Nader Nejat // Multimedia Consultant + Developer
Omega Media // http://www.omegamedia.com
"We help people take advantage of interactive media"