(keitai-l) Re: NEC launches European i-mode 3G phone

From: Arnold P. Siboro <asiboro_at_maltech.jp>
Date: 07/04/05
As in my previous mails, I do think that non-Japanese phones lack the
little bits that makes Japanese phones great (.. for Japanese). But as
user of non-Japanese phone too, I find that phones sold in Europe are
generations ahead of Japanese phone in certain areas, e.g., computer
integration/connection (bluetooth/irda etc) and PC-like features (pc web
browser, pop/imap client etc).

Indeed, it seems that Japanese are happy enough without advanced
features in those areas. When customers happy and operators make money,
there is no reason to become advanced in those areas though..

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 12:13:17 +0900
Gerhard Fasol <fasol@eurotechnology.com> wrote:

> Jorge wrote:
> > How significant to a European curious about developing content for
> > Japanese mobile phones, or if only just having a glimpse of what
> > Japanese have in their devices, is this piece of news?
>
> European phones are usually several generations
> (2-3 years) back in functionality compared to Japan, in
> performance, specs and software.
>
> Our overview reports give a good picture of
> today's situation, features, functionalities
> in Japan:
> http://www.eurotechnology.com/store/

Arnold P. Siboro (asiboro@maltech.jp)

The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of my employer,
not necessarily mine, and probably not necessary.