(keitai-l) Re: T-mobile to abandon mobile portal?

From: John Whelan <john.whelan_at_alatto.com>
Date: 07/06/05
Mobile subscribers read moconews? That is ridiculous. Maybe a tiny minority
of nerdy anorak first adopters but certainly not average users.  We are
launching a  D2C campaign but certainly not on a site like moconews.

John

Debi wrote>
I don't know if carriers/operators will find Tribes or learn about it
primarily from your website, but their subs will. Considering Alatto's value
prop, that's not a good thing for your company. Further, your banner ad on
moconews.net <http://moconews.net> is a huge strategy error. A site like
moconews is high in mobile user traffic. So, placement there is a great
idea, but the message is terrible.

...Debi

On 7/5/05, John Whelan <john.whelan@alatto.com> wrote:

> No we don't "load the page with graphics" as you suggest, other than a few
> hundred extra bytes per page for our Tribes navigation toolbar.
>
> Guess we are really having trouble explaining how Tribes works ... or
> people
> just aren't reading the text on our site.

[ excessive quoting removed by moderator ]