(keitai-l) Graphical i-mode latency app

From: Kyle Barrow <kyle_at_X-9.com>
Date: 02/03/01
I have just finished adding a dynamically generated graph to our i-mode ping
tool which shows the latency spread and where you appear on it with other
i-mode users.

As we collect more data, I hope to be able to show i-mode speeds over a 24
hour and weekly period. So far it looks like DoCoMo is doing a good job with
numbers falling between around 150 and 200ms but I have had much worse
unrecorded results in the past. Good ammunition to pre-empt any client
access complaints ;)

Most of the data is coming from X-9 phones in Osaka so I would appreciate if
any Keitai-L members with i-mode phones could give it a whirl to get an idea
of what is going elsewhere. The app can be accessed through the Net Tools
section of http://www.X-9.com or directly at http://www.X-9.com/ping.asp.

Comments, criticism or suggestions can be emailed direct to me at
kyle@X-9.com

Thanks

Kyle

X-9 DESIGN LAB