(keitai-l) Re: The Death of the 503i

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 02/22/02
On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, dc wrote:

> I guess that's why 6 of the top 10 sellers are 211 series (apart from
> the N503iS at #1 still). DoCoMo needs a lightweight i-appli phone if
> they want to keep the ARPU from tumbling.

Well, it doesn't look like they're getting one any time soon. Not
that it makes much difference to me, since I'm now stuck with this
phone for the next ten months.

> form factor is still #1 item when people choose a new phone, followed
> by email functionality. I desire the day when they'll have working
> samples at POS - choosing a phone by its case without checking the UI
> is like buying a PC based on the case color (maybe that's why Vaios
> sell so well...)

Yeah, I'm more and more pissed with this Fujitsu phone by the
minute. The UI on it is amazingly crappy. There's not even a
convenient way to jump to a specific point in your phone directory!
(I.e., names whose reading starts with 「ひ」 or whatever.)

cjs