(keitai-l) Re: The Death of the 503i

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 02/24/02
On Sun, 24 Feb 2002, Paul Bryan Lester wrote:

> I was going to Shibuya (last Tuesday) to get a water filter and a razor and
> I got a flyer that said they are selling the P503i and I think the F503i too
> for 1 Yen in a store there.

Well, I live in Shibuya, so I'll keep my eyes open. I'm willing to
bet that you can only get the phone for 1 yen if you buy a new
contract, though, and I already just bought a new contract to get
this phone.

I wish I'd known before I got the contract transferred that, even
though I was using a phone already bought and paid for more than
a year ago, I still wouldn't be able to change phones for ten
months. I would have searched around for a shop with the P503i and
perhaps just lived with changing my phone number. But I had to do
the transfer that day or not at all, and so I got stuck.

Well, it's nice to know that mobile providers here are just as much
a pain in the ass as they are in North America.

cjs