(keitai-l) Re: Plazmic SDK and their SVG == Scaleable Vector Graphics SDK

From: Colin Mack <colin_at_b-factory.co.jp>
Date: 08/09/02
I've seen demos and heard the sales pitch twice now. They are very cagey
about cost discussions, not giving out any fixed price info and such, so
you'll want to bring a good negotiator along if you're going to license
it.

My impressions:

The technology has a lot of promise in that some of the Disney stuff and
some of the samples they show are reeeealllly nice looking, and the
tools are very flash-like so you can get started quickly and make nice
stuff.

The only real downside I saw is that it's still too much data and
application size for 503 level phones -- too much waiting for a pretty 2
second anim sequence. It is more suited to 504-level and beyond phones.

It's nice that you can try out all the tools and test server for free
before committing. Of course this could bring with it all the dangers of
the heroin dealer's "the first shot's free..." marketing approach ;)

- Colin