(keitai-l) Re: learning Japan

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 08/09/02
> don't know if anyone did advertisement/propaganda before but
> here's an interesting book: "i-Mode Developer's Guide"
> http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/0672321882/

> two things I'd like to say, or don't need to say, are
> - want more pages on EZweb, J-Sky, and TU-KA Messenger

Read the title again...it's called "i-Mode Developer's Guide".
But yes, a highly recommended book.

> btw, I used to read a lot of Japanese books on her history and
> business culture but found out the best people who understand
> Japanese are not themselves ... the Americans are I'd say.

Thats bullshit and could come only from a foreigner.

> similarly, I don't think anyone has to read those stupid books
> by Natsuno or other DoCoMo guys, though those books are much
> more popular and profitable, just like i-mode.

You should read Mari Matsunaga's "The Birth of i-mode". Highly
entertaining and a must read if you develop for i-mode. At least
if you do anything which comes in contact with any enduser.

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht, CTO, Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc., Tokyo, Japan
i-mode & FOMA consulting, development, testing: http://nooper.co.jp/