(keitai-l) Re: a5301t weight - handset design

From: Leon Soren <leonsoren_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 08/14/02
Jennifer,
you sure sound like a frustrated designer. Blame all those useless feature
differences
on marketing spec games. Consumer doesn't sit there measuring phones
dimensions
or timing it's standby performance. Who cares how many precise hours we felt
good
today as long as it just felt good.
Good design is all about touch and feel and emotion. If phone under performs
we
get frustrated. Good phone design should not create additional headaches
with booby
traps of unintended features. Notice that they are never listed in the
original specs.
I'm glad there is this fuzziness about design, it makes it fun looking for
and providing
answers.