(keitai-l) Re: Ultra-Handy Smart-Chip Phone

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 12/17/03
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Jason Pollard wrote:

> Article talks about Docomo's trial of a 'smart' chip to be used for payments
> about town, working on a debit card type system.
>
> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=581&e=4&u=/nm/20031216/tc_nm/telecoms_japan_wireless_dc

Interesting that they talk about Suica, which is of course the most
well-known Felica application, but for JR trains only, but not about
Eddy, which is another Felica application that lets you buy stuff in a
convience store. (I've seen them in AM/PM; I don't recall if they're
available elsewhere.) Eddy has been around for a year or so now, I
think.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org