(keitai-l) Re: Ultra-Handy Smart-Chip Phone

From: Reto Grob <rgrob_at_klab.org>
Date: 12/17/03
ZDNet has the story about Edy (not Eddy ;), Felica and other
applications right here with pictures:

http://www.zdnet.co.jp/mobile/0312/15/n_felica.html

- Pay public transportations wireless
- Tickets for concerts wireless
- Payment (electronic money)
- Loyalty cards (point systems ala Sakuraya)

It is a very interesting development, especially from the political
point of view.

While Japan has a low credit card penetration, it could be the first
country having wide spread use of electronic money.

Reto