(keitai-l) Re: Backing up VCard

From: Jonas Petersson <zap_at_xms.se>
Date: 08/31/04
camacho21203@yonden.co.jp wrote:
> [...] I had assumed that the file was
> simply "something.vcf", but it seems that they split the phonebook data up.
> Weird. So, I suppose unless you know the format, then it is impossible to
> work with these files. :(

Well, if it's binary, run "strings" on it (standard UNIX command) and
then write a script in your favourite language to paste it together into
something that works with your new phone. Once it's textual it's just a
matter of digging into it like any RealMan(tm) would. I did similar
things to help friends who swapped between brands in the early days
(before IR, BT and vCards). Who needs standard formats and tools when
they just seem to bite you back?

		Ye Olde Geezer / Jonas
--
Jonas Petersson  |  XMS Penvision  |  mailto:Jonas.Petersson@xms.se