(keitai-l) Re: Vappli

From: Claus Hoefele <claus.hoefele_at_gmail.com>
Date: 02/02/05
For outside Japan, Vodafone uses VSCL (Vodafone specific class
library) which is based on JSCL (J-phone). Vappli is basically a brand
name as Vodafone uses MIDP as a programming model and VSCL/JSCL are
additional APIs that extend the platfom with Vodafone specific
features.

Japan: CDLC 1.0 + MIDP 1.0 + JSCL
Outside Japan: CLDC 1.1 + MIDP 2.0 + additional JCP APIs + VSCL

VSCL and JSCL have many classes in common (using different package
names). Because of the differences however, I think the platform is
not as similar in and outside Japan as i-mode.

BR,
Claus