(keitai-l) Re: N_O_K_I_A user agent

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 02/16/05
On Mon, 7 Feb 2005, Ian Mansfield wrote:

> Not sure about that specific user agent, but Nokia is switching to a
>"mozilla compatible" user agent for new handsets
>
> http://nds2.forum.nokia.com/nnds/ForumDownloadServlet?id=5935&name=Mozilla%5FCompatible%5FUser%5FAgent%5FHeader%5Fv1%5F%5F0%5Fen%2Epdf

Interesting. Doing this has its disadvantages; for example, on the
tabemo mobile site (mobile.tabemo.com), until about ten minutes ago,
such a phone would be issued a redirect to the PC site (pc.tabemo.com),
which uses frames, lots of graphics, etc. etc. Yet the mobile site is
far more suited to the phone.

However, the user does appear to be able to switch back and forth
between the new and old (non-Mozilla) user-agent headers; I wonder how
easy this is to do?

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***        http://www.keitai-dev.net/wiki/         ***