(keitai-l) Re: Ajax/DOM Nookia/Apple webkit

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 11/07/05
On Sat, 5 Nov 2005, Nick May wrote:

> Do DOCOMO have a financial incentive in keeping browser capabilities
> limited, or is this just slothfullness/arrogance/inertia/NIH (Not
> Invented Here)?

It could be some of both, but I have this weird little suspicion that a
fairly powerful force on this is that Docomo does not want to outrace
the vendors that are creating the websites.

At this point, most Docomo websites are pretty much the same, and new
capabilities are added slowly enough that the dumb vendors can easily
keep up with the smart ones. This avoids having a small number of web
sites stand out and make the others look bad, which in turn probably
helps avoid "confusion in the market" and suchlike.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***           http://www.keitai-dev.net/           ***