(keitai-l) Re: Implementing a Messaging Push System in Japan

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 11/10/05
On Wed, 9 Nov 2005, William Volk wrote:

> 1. Is there an equivalent of a "SMS Shortcode"?  A short address used to
> access a service.

Not really, no. There are various "web number" things, but nothing that is
a standard or is officially supported by a carrier.

Most people just buy a short domain name. Putting in URLs isn't all that
hard. Or there's always QR-code.

> 2. Can I push the address of a i-mode page (C-HTML) in a message?

If you put an HTTP link in an e-mail message, virtually all phones will
highlight it and allow you to click it to bring up the browser and load
that page.

> A DoJa application?

DoJa applications can send the user to specific links using the web
browser, yes.

> 3. Can location (GPS) information be determined by a server receiving a
> message?  By a C-HTML server?  Or is that limited only to a DoJa applet.

Well, given that there's only one DoJa phone out there that even does
GPS, you might not want to bother finding out. :-)

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***           http://www.keitai-dev.net/           ***