(keitai-l) Re: Mobile Web Development in Japan: A Tag Soup Tale

From: Christopher Kobayashi <chriskk_at_gmail.com>
Date: 12/07/05
> How do you handle telephone links (click link to phone)  in xhtml? Or
> does one just use docomo encoding and let the au/jphone gateway do
> conversions?

I didn't realize that there is a jphone gateway that converts iMode
tags. Is this documented somewhere on Vodafone Japan's site? I
googled(not an ad ^^) around for more info, but couldn't come up with
anything. I know of the AU one, because it's explained on AU's site.

I did find an explanation of Vodafone's handling of iMode code
http://developers.vodafone.jp/dp/tech_svc/web/
This document doesn't make clear whether there is a gateway for code
conversion, or that the browser is able to handle/read iMode HTML(or
whatever it's actually called).

There is a page that explains about a group of gateway IPs that their
phones go through when using Vodafone Live!
http://developers.vodafone.jp/dp/tech_svc/web/ip.php

chriskk
--
b: http://ver2.oreno.org/