(keitai-l) smartphones

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 12/08/05
One thing I am also puzzled with:

What exactly is the dictionary-type/logic definition of
a "smartphone"?

eg.
Definition A:
A smartphone is a phone which runs Symbian or MS, but
not any other operating system...

Defintion B:
A smartphone is a phone which contains PIM, desktop
applications, picture editing, and the following
specific software:

Definition C:
A smartphone is a phone which allows syncinc with a
Microsoft Windows PC?

Does anybody have a good definition which stands up
to discussion?

Gerhard

Nick May wrote:

> Another issue is that a smaller percentage of JP handsets are
> smartphones than is the case in the UK (I think - no figures),

> Nick
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                          Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
http://fasol.com/                       http://www.eurotechnology.com/