(keitai-l) Re: 705NK

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 01/27/07
  Current status of 705NK. (Nokia N73)

0) NO unsigned app installation - manual installation fails. Probably
a file needs to be written, or written to, that manual installation
does not do.

1) 3rd party themes CAN be manually loaded easily.

2) iSync works well, using a third party plugin that may be found here:
	http://www.mactomster.de/isync/download/

	(Important: make sure you set the timezone on the phone to the same
timezone as the Mac BEFORE you sync, or your appointments will all
occur at weird times.)

3) Itunes syncing when in "mass-storage" mode over usb to a Mac is
handled well by:
http://www.nesfield.co.uk/synctunes/index.html

4) bluetooth speeds through a Dlink 1.2 bluetooth dongle are up to
73kbyte/s, up from 37kbyte/ on the j6630 (702NK)

5) firmware is: 3.0650.0.0.50

6) The E61 pdf reader seems to work, but may have memory issues.

8) It is costing me just over 3000/month, 2 years contract including
an ipod (for the wife...) Without ipod, cheapest deal is around 2700
or so... That is white plan, sms and the cheaper packet plan. If you
try to cut out the packet plan to reduce the price, the phone
discount suddenly gets smaller - so the min price stays around the
2700yen mark.

Good things
	Camera is pretty good.
	Itunes syncing with third party (donationware) app.
	usb mass storage mode.
	better bluetooth browsing than on the 6630
	Nice screen - and phone will play ipod video podcasts such as the
BBC Newsnight casts.
	sim card from the 702NK can be swapped with the 705NK.

Bad things
	Currently no way to get unsigned apps on to phone.
	It is sometimes a bit slower than I would have expected.
	won't play my mp3s, demands aac files. (as with the 702NK)
	Can't get oggplayer on to it.... (Serious problem)

Nick