(keitai-l) Re: MMS

From: dc <dc_at_wm.namco.co.jp>
Date: 05/13/04
By MMS, I dont mean generic "mult-tai-meedi-yuh mail", but more the W3C
spec, which is using SMIL to wrap elements like PNG/SVG and synchronize
them to time - so you can do slideshows basically, but a whole lot more
over time than just sending a single image.

however, I guess most people think of MMS as just sending a photo to
someone - which is basically mail + attachment.

The docomo decomail spec is basically html mail with embedded images -
multipart mime afaik - which will not play on an MMS player.
The benefit is you -should- be able to read them in Outlook or whatever,
(tho the doco devguide warns against this) so I guess there are already
far more active "deco mail" clients than MMS clients... tho i doubt the
900 series will display a message from Outlook.
Anyone done tests on this?

"Internet thinking not telecom thinking"
(html not wap, flash not SVG -> html mail not MMS)

Try sending a deco mail to a vodafone 801 series handset - no va amigo.

As far as basic attachments, well the mess that is shamail/ishot is one
reason people would prefer to take a subway and show the photos
face-to-face than roll the dice and try and send the pictures
electronically.

/dc

from [ Gerhard Fasol <fasol@eurotechnology.com> ] on [ Thu, 13 May 2004 13:26:34 +0900 ]